Black Forest Cycling Holiday
Fir Forest, original farms and gentle highlands
- Radweg-Reisen Tour
- Black Forest Cake, Basel - City of 3 countries, mineral springs
- Daily routes ●●○○○
- Altitude profile ●●●○○
km / day avg.
The route through the Black Forest is surprisingly relaxing. The cycle path takes you past typical Black Forest farmhouses with their low-hanging hipped roofs between densely wooded dark green hills. On your round trip from Freiburg you will overcome most of the elevation by train, so you will often have the pleasure of simply rolling downhill. This means you can not only observe the laid-back attitude of the Baden locals, but also experience it yourself. Cycling via Waldshut-Tiengen you will reach the High Rhine and visit Basel, the lively city of 3 countries. Past healing mineral springs, which were already used by the Romans, you will cycle through the southern foothills of the Black Forest, before reaching the first vineyards close to Freiburg.
Season times and prices 2020
Arrival Fridays to Tuesdays from 01.05.2020 to 04.10.2020Early booking discount: -15 €
Bookable dates are shown in the booking form. The season is dictated by the arrival date.
- 6 nights incl. breakfast, national 3* level
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel, no limit on the number of pieces, max. 20 kg / piece
- Train ride Rheinfelden – Basel incl. bike
- Cycle route description with maps (1 x per room)
- 7 day Service Hotline
- City or visitor's tax (if payable)
- Train ride Kirchzarten – Titisee, approx. 10 € incl. bike
Child reduction on basic price
From 0 to 5 years
From 6 to 13 years
From 14 to 17 years
Applies for accommodation in rooms with 2 full-paying guests.
Because of the more challenging sections, we recommend this tour only for young people in good physical condition.